Since there is no mechanism to transfer data from one DB to another in Free SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express I thought to write a simple utility to do this.
It’s so simple that you can use with only MS Sql Server and transfer data from one table at a time.
The utility is using ADO.Net SqlBulkCopy class to achieve the functionality.
Steps to transfer the data from one DB to another
- Enter DB connection information of both Source DB and Destination DB.
- Click Connect
If there is no error in the connection details it will establish connections to both server and list all the tables in both Db in bottom combo boxes.
- Choose the source table from left side combo box and designation table from right side combo box.
- Click Transfer.
- Work only with Sql server.
- Tested only in Sql server 2005.
- Both source table and destination table should be similar.